Welcome to the ultimate Minetest git site:
This site hosts 1,000s of git repos. Most of the repos are for Minetest. You'll find current mods here and mods that have disappeared elsewhere.
We've converted some non-git projects to git form so that you can git clone them.
In fact, we offer git copies of nearly all projects — both git and non-git — that were in the Trolltest ContentDB as of Christmas Day 2021 through September 2022. Even the ones that are no longer online there or elsewhere.
As a bonus, lost files previously hosted on MediaFire will be added here in due course. There is no more complete Minetest git collection in existence. This is the one and only one-stop MT git shop where you can clone until you drop.
There are FOSS repos of other types as well. You can store your own git repos here too. it's free. Automated registration is disabled due to spammers but email the following address if you'd like an account:
Send questions or comments to the same email address.
It isn't possible to for these repos to be lost due to ragequit. For example, in 2020, the migdyn repos were deleted or moved to an unknown location, but they continue to exist at:
And VanessaE has retired. A towering figure in more than one respect, one of the true originators of the project. She'll be missed. VanessaE deleted many of her repos in 2021. But you can see them here at:
The code in old Minetest repos is often experimental or obsolete. So, many of these repos can't be used directly. However, the code is a useful reference for modders working on new features.
Final Minetest is being redone. Links to the new code will be added here in due course.
Search that doesn't leave you in the lurch:
Use the navbar at the top to navigate. Note: This site supports full-text search of source files.
Hold the phone, how to clone:
To clone a repo to your hard disk, use CLI commands of the following form:
Note: You can use http instead of https. However, if you do so, a redirection warning message will be printed.
You can also download a ZIP file or TAR.GZ tarball from a repo's
web page. Look for the type of button shown below. It's a
For example, click on the sample hidden_doors link provided further up and look for the button there.
* The GitHub "minetest" account is called "minetest" here.
"minetest" accounts from non-GitHub sites have had upstream site identifiers added. So, for example, the "minetest" account from "gitgud" is named "minetest-gitgud" here, "minetest" from NotABug is named "minetest-notabug", etc.
* "notabug" lets usernames end with a period but "gitea" doesn't permit this. So, we needed to change the username "y.st." locally to "y.st".
* Similarly, at Github, repo names can contain a period but "gitea" prohibits this. So, we needed to change the repo name "auth_rx.wiki" to "auth_rx_wiki".
1. In September 2022, the main branch in each repo that referred to the branch as “main” was renamed at least temporarily to “master”. This was done to simplify the import of other branches that had been missed previously.
2. We're not certain that the following repo is valid:
The repo in question produced the following warning message on import:
warning in blob 81bb16b46edb67f6614169e42a6586b4eecc74db: gitmodulesParse: could not parse gitmodules blob
3. A small number of upstream repos [9 as of September 2022] couldn't be stored in their exact original form due to containing directories whose names were literal newlines. Those repos have been modified each with a commit to rename the “\n” directories to the letter “n”.
Note: The directories in question originated largely though not exclusively with HybridDog.